Thursday 25 August 2016

August Beauty Favourites!





Hello! It has been ages, but I just couldn’t help posting another blog post about some of my favourites that have me raving this month. So, let’s directly dive into the August goodies!
While I have been loving the monsoons in Mumbai, it seems to bring about some bright rays of sunshine too, ergo, confusing the hell out of me and my make-up routine. So, here are some nude and neutrals for them sunshine beam and darker hues for when it’s cloudy. *Bonus* since we are gradually transitioning towards the cooler months, you could easily fit these products to glam up your autumn/winter look!


1.   Maybelline The Nudes Palette
Being an ardent admirer of neutral hues, I had to check in this efficient palette. It comes in a sturdy packaging with twelve gorgeous matte and shimmer pigments. It is extremely cost-effective with the price tag of Rs 899. (It was on sale on Amazon for Rs 647)
Mix and match the shades to create an effortless look for subtle yet classy look. It doesn’t look too bold and the shadows are easily buildable.















2. Makeup Revolution Iconic Pro Blush, Bronze and Brighten- Golden Hot
 This palette called out to me while I was browsing Nykaa.com I had my eye on this for quite some time and decided to take the plunge and add it to my cart. And I definitely didn’t regret it. One of the best purchase so far. This palette consists of a blush, bronzer and highlighter. The packaging is sleek and portable. The bronzer is potent enough to warm up my NC42 skin tone. The golden shimmer particles infused highlighter is absolutely stunning. The pink toned blush is pigmented. A little goes a long way with this palette. Am I going to repurchase this again? Absolutely!
Makeup Revolution Iconic Pro Blush, Bronze and Brighten (Golden Hot) - Rs 850

















3. Colorbar Nail Lacquer and Chambor Extreme Wear Transferproof Liquid Lipstick.
My go-to products this season, I have been reaching out to the Chambor Liquid Lipstick far more often. It is in the shade 436- a deep brick red colour with red undertones. Pair this with Colorbar’s nail polish in 02 Valentino which is in maroon. Double coat it for oxblood-shot nails!
Colorbar Nail Lacquer 02 Valentino- Rs 147
Chambor Extreme Wear Transferproof Liquid Lipstick (436)- Rs 845












Swatch of the shade 436


















4. Colorbar Nail Lacquer, Colorbar Quick Finish Nail Lacquer and MAC Matte Lipstick
For sunshiny days, I like to brighten my mood with the Colorbar Quick Finish Nail Lacquer in 32 Rustiway. Like the name suggests, the polish is a gorgeous dense rust colour. On other days, the Colorbar Nail Lacquer in 79 Pretty Please 2 comes to rescue. It is legit the perfect nude nail polish that has brown with pink undertones. You can wear it with the MAC Matte Lipstick in Mehr. Mehr (Dirty Blue Pink) is a dusty pink colour that can instantly brighten up the face without going bold. It is highly pigmented with the signature MAC’s vanilla fragrance. You can also try the Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in Sultry.
Colorbar Nail Lacquer- Rs 147
Colorbar Quick Finish Nail Lacquer 32 Rustiway- Rs 195
MAC Matte Lipstick Mehr- Rs 1139




swatch of Mehr

























I had so much fun playing with these palettes and colours, hope you had a good time reading the review too!
Until then keep hangin, keep glamin’ Woot woot J

No comments:

Post a Comment