Wednesday 20 August 2014

August Favourites!

Hi ya’ll! I’m back with some of my favourites this month! Though some of these recently tried and tested while some others have been my seasonal favourite. This past month has gone by quickly. A lot of things have been happening. Some good, some not so good, alas! But yes, my creative streak has been growing into a lot and that makes me happy! If you guys have been following me on instagram you would know I had made a DIY sparkling candle jar made of an empty nutella jar! It is gorge and I’m in love with it! I’ll leave a picture towards the end for you guys. And no, my inspiration wasn’t from Pinterest at all!


So coming back to August favourites, the star of this month is evidently this superr cutee Monsoon Heart Tote Bag by SPADES. Check out more cool stuff on the facebook page here



I have been totally obsessed with this tote. Monsoons may get extremely dull and boring and you ladies can vouch for this when I say how heart wrenching it is to see our favourite bag under fungal attack after surviving a storm! *pun intended* this bag has been my ultimate obsession and I guess I’m gonna love it for a long time to come!

Here are some beauty and non-beauty products that I have been using and lovin’




The first one is this beautiful Redemption Palette Iconic 3 palette by Makeup Revolution London. Price of the palette is 1200 I got this off a flat 50% sale on Jabong and this was definitely a super saver. I really like the earthy tones as well as party-appropriate colours. Though I wouldn’t consider this a dupe of the urban decay naked palette, but it does a fairly good job of creating the ‘smoky-eye’ illusion.



The second product is this hand cream from Crabtree & Evelyn – Somerset Meadow ultra- moisturising hand therapy. Oh My Gosh you guys, this hand cream transported me to what my senses would actually perceive fields and meadow would smell like! This is a perfect hand cream for the coming winter. It’s non greasy and stands tall for what it claims- moisturising! After some hours it leaves behind a mild lingering smell fragrance which I love. It is one of my recent purchases and I’m so glad I stocked up on this beforehand. I am gonna try the pomegranate one too. I got this for Rs.395 from Nykaa.com



I have clubbed these two products together; the first one is a daily wear foundation by Rimmel London called the Match Perfection- Light Perfecting Radiance Foundation, in the shade- 303 True Nude. It has an SPF 18 and gives a good coverage. It has a mild fragrance which I don’t really mind. The only hitch is the shade availability. I wouldn’t suggest buying this online. Its priced at Rs.645 and I got it from Rimmel store, Westside.
The second product is this facial tonic mist from Forest Essentials- Panchpushp. Since this is totally herbal and allergy-safe, it is the only reason i dared to purchase this and I’m so happy with this product! I spray it on whenever the heat is killing me or I wanna feel fresh! I had heard great reviews on this one and it surely has my stamp of approval! Price- Rs.650 for 100ml




Next on my lust list are these products from Colorbar. Colorbar Nail Lacquer in the shade 098 bloody mary. This is a hot neon pink color and I love it. I discovered this on my trip to the nail spa and soon became crazy for this color. In fact, I’m wearing this as I type! The matte Lip Colours are in the shade Shy Cherry 63 and Brick-O-La 42M. Brick-O-La is considered a MAC dupe and though not extremely matte, it is quite deep and suits my skin tone. But my favourite is hands down shy cherry! It is the perfect matte lipstick. Deep red hue and totally flatters my skin! Lipsticks are for 300 and nail polish for 175




The final non-beauty product is this stunner from Forever New. This is a lovely cream wallet and as you can see it is double sided and has loads of card slots and since I own a lot of store cards, life has never been better! It has a lovely elegant look to it and this is a recent purchase and I got it off their online site. Absolute love! I got it for Rs.2000 Price is subject to change. Check out their site for the current price.

So that’s it for today! And here’s the pic of my DIY sparkling candle jar.










1 comment:

  1. i really like the content of the website it is very informative and helpful. thanks for sharing it. and also please do check our blog post too. Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete